The University of Oregon is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and reasonable workplace accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities and for sincerely held religious, moral and ethical beliefs.
The Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AAEO) is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (ADA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Oregon state law, and plays a central role in addressing a variety of accommodation-related needs, including:
- requests by employees for disability-related accommodations (including travel accommodations);
- requests by employees for workplace accommodations for sincerely held religious, moral or ethical beliefs;
- requests for accommodation (disability and religious/moral) in the application/hiring process;
- requests by University employees for accessible/handicap parking;
- requests by faculty/staff or the family members of a student living in University Housing to have a companion animal in University Housing or the workplace; and
- requests by members of the public regarding access to programs and services offered by the University and complaints regarding lack of access due to disability.
Employees with questions regarding any of these matters are encouraged to contact Equal Opportunity Specialist Martin Stanberry by phone at (541) 346-2985 or email at email@example.com.